At Capt. Tony’s we take safety very seriously!
Whilst we are all out to have a fun time at sea there are certain precautions we must take to ensure the safety of all passengers and crew aboard our boats at all times.
Here are a few measures we’ve taken to keep you (and us) safe:
- All our helmsmen are trained and qualified motorboat operators (RYA, MCA or equivalent)
- All our crew is qualified in CPR and trained as lifeguards.
- A crew member will provide a mandatory safety briefing for all passengers prior to boarding.
- All our boats are equipped with essential safety equipment such as life buoys, fire extinguishers (dry powder), flares (day & night), first-aid kits, tool kits, SOLAS approved lifejackets, GPS, VHF radios, UAE Coast Guard radio transponders, running lights, flashlights and radar reflectors. All our equipment is inspected on a regular basis to ensure it is dry and in good working condition.
- Children and non-swimmers are required to wear lifejackets at all times whilst on board.
- All passengers will be required to wear lifejackets on board if the captain so decides – no exceptions!
- Passengers are requested to remain seated whilst cruising in order to minimize the risk of man-overboard and to maintain the proper balance and stability of the boats.
- The captain will provide regular radio/phone updates to base informing current position and status. Base will provide regular weather updates.
The collaboration of all passengers in respecting our safety guidelines is much appreciated.